Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Busy Day at Panchayat and Village Office

I had a lot of plans to do today (Saturday), but nothing worked out as I had to spend my whole day at Panchayat and Village office near my place. I had to pay my house tax at the panchayat office, but fortunately the ownership of the property was not changed at the Panchayat office and as a result I could not deposit the tax. I was asked to bring a "Possession Certificate" from the Village office and I had to rush towards the village office which was around 2 kms away.

I was shocked to see the sight at the village office as a lot of people were there for various purposes. After filling an application form for possession certificate, it went through the hands of few people and at last I got the possession certificate of the land I owned. Time had really run out by this time and I rushed back to the Panchayat office.

Once I reached the Panchayat office, I again had to fill an application to change the ownership of the house and collect house tax in my name. I filled the application and along with that I had to attach the original of the "Possession Certificate" that I got from the village office. I also attached the copies of title deed, the tax receipt paid at the village office and a previous copy of the panchayat tax that was paid my ex owner. After the submission of the application, I was asked to wait for 5 days after which the ownership would be changed to my name so that I can pay the tax at Panchayat in my name.

In the morning, my plan was to finish the Panchayat stuff by noon and then come back work on some online stuffs such as my blogs and other similar things. But as it take too much time, I was really tired by the time I reached home and am looking for this night to do some online works.

Anyway, I somehow learned the things behind submitting house tax in Panchayat office in Kerala, and also learned about possession certificates and other things. Overall the day was not such a waste in terms of the knowledge acquired.

No comments: