Monday, October 4, 2010

A Year Since I Left Delhi / NOIDA

It has been exactly an year since I left Delhi / NOIDA for my future job assignments. I had been there for almost 5 years from the beginning of 2005 to the end of 2009. Delhi and NCR was something really special to me as I got my first job as an online marketing professional in NOIDA. My first job was as a web promotion executive / SEO with Indiamart, one of the largest B2B company in India. Before that I had worked for 2 months as an EDP executive for a hospital in NOIDA name Kailash Hospital and Research Center.       

Since then life in Delhi was really enjoyable, as it had the pace of a metro city, variety, mixed culture, food etc. I was also able to go through the extreme climate in Delhi and I greatly enjoyed the Winter time as it was the period I choose for going around different destinations in Delhi. Delhi also presented me some great friends and I really enjoyed my time with them.

One of my favorite hang out zone in the NCR region was the Atta Market in Sector 18, NOIDA. Atta market had some of the best shopping malls and multiplexes such as the Great India Place, The Center
Stage Mall and Sab Mall which made it  a shoppers paradise. The street food available at the Atta Market was really worth enjoying (especially during the Winter season). Even in the summer season I used to spend my free time at any of these malls to get respite from the extreme heat.

During my last one year, I shifted to Mayur Vihar Phase 3, but still maintained my closeness with NOIDA and was a frequent visitor to NOIDA. But as a part of my personal decision I planned to shift to Kerala and started searching for a job there. Finally I got an offer to work as an SEO consultant in Kerala and my days in Delhi started its countdown. And of October 4th 2009, I left Delhi leaving behind many sweet memories which are hard to erase. Still I miss Delhi and NOIDA very much and hope to visit there once I get some free time.

No comments: