Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Finally Signed the Agreement

After searching for a house for almost 2 months, finally signed an agreement to buy a house near Aluva at Kadungallor. After reaching upon an agreement on the rate, I had given a token amount to the owner 2 weeks back. After that I was waiting for the amount to arrive so that I can sign up the agreement. And on 2nd March 2011, the deal was made and I need to pay the full amount in a period of one month in order to complete the registration of the property. The house is locate around 4 kms away from Aluva town and is hardly 10 kms away from Cochin International Airport in Nedumbassery.

Actually buying a house is one of the most tedious jobs, as there are a lot of things that needs to be taken care of. First the agreement has to be made and before the completion of the registration we need to make sure that all the required documents are produced in front of us. The documents include house tax receipts, land tax receipts, encumbrance certificate etc.

Hopes that the coming days would be a busy one for me as I have to make sure that all the formalities are in place before we start living in the new house. Anyways I will keep you updated on this.

No comments: