Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Monsoon Keeps Date with Kerala

As per the MET predictions, the monsoon has kept its date with Kerala as it has started raining heavily in Kerala since today morning. The MET predictions had stated that monsoon would hit Kerala by June 1st. It was a happy feeling to wake up hearing the rain drops pouring on the terrace as it brought back memories of my school days where it always rained on the first week of June when the school opens after the long vacation.

It seems to be one of the best time to spend the day on bed watching the rains from behind the windows. But that would remain a dream as I have to go to the office, which is my main source of income. The arrival of monsoon would also throw fear into my mind as we can expect flood and other natural calamities as the monsoon strengthens. There is already water logging near my house in Kadungalloor and it makes things difficult for those who travel by foot.

Any way I hope the authorities make sure to avoid such type of water logging, and helps us to enjoy the monsoon season to its maximum. I am really waiting for the weekend to happen as I can spend some sweet time on the bed watching this amazing phenomenon of the nature. The arrival of monsoon has also made my travel more difficult as I have to wear rain coats while traveling on my bike. Needs to be more careful while driving in the rain and we can also expect our roads to be more horrible in the coming days as our roads gets torn apart after a strong rain every year.

No comments: