Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back After a Tiring Journey to Vellore

Last week was one of the busiest week as far as I am concerned. I had to travel to Vellore in Tamil Nadu regarding a admission for my sibling and I had to stay there for almost 5 days. I started my journey on Saturday evening from Aluva Railway station on Kerala Express.  I didn't have a confirmed ticket but luckily we got the berths till Katpadi junction, where we needed to get down. We reached Katpadi Junction at around 3 AM and hired an auto to a lodge near circuit house in Allupuram.

When I left Kerala, the climate was a wet one, but the climate in Vellore was just the opposite. It was pretty dry and hot climate in Vellore and I really felt uncomfortable. The next day we had to go to CMC in Vellore where the admission interview was to take place. We went to CMC's Bahayam campus and the procedures started smoothly.

The food and water was a real issue, as most of the hotels offered foods which we could not really enjoy. And the water offered at all the hotels in Vellore were pathetic. We had to buy bottled mineral water and settle on that. By Wednesday evening the results were announced and we happily returned back to Kerala on Thursday evening.

Al the crappy food items were expensive when compared with the same in Kerala. The only good thing that I felt there is the bus and auto fare which were far better than the fares in Kerala. After spending 4 Rs in the bus, I was able to travel almost around 15 kms. In Kerala we should pay around 10-12 Rs to cover that much distance.

The 4 days that we spend there was one of the most boring one, that I have experienced in the near future. Vellore is not a place where one gets a lot for sightseeing and other time passing activities. The only thing that I saw out there was the Vellore Fort and the Temple inside the Vellore Fort, which were worth watching. We spend around 4 hours in Vellore Fort and at the end we got really tired and headed back to our hotel rooms.

The other major time pass was taking snaps of the places through which I had to go through and I would surely be sharing those pics in this blog very soon.

No comments: