Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Drenched Day in Cochin

It has been raining heavily in all parts of Kerala for the last few days and it greatly reflected in Cochin. All the roads were in a flooded state with the gutter filled roads reminding me of big pools. I was on my way to my office in Infopark, Kakkanad and really got drenched in the heavy rain which left me shivering inside the office premises.

When I started from home, it looked fine, but the moment I got on the bus the rain started its game and even inside the KSRTC bus, everyone got drenched. Luckily upon arriving in Aluva, I got the Low Floor Volvo bus by KSRTC which made my journey more comfortable. On getting down at the main gate at Infopark, there was a confusion on how to get into my office as it was still raining. But I managed to get into my office after getting a little wet.

In Kerala such kind of weather prevails usually in the monsoon season and this is really a treat to watch, especially if you are at home with your family. But if you are traveling or on way to your work place, such heavy rains are a nightmare. Since the arrival of monsoon in 2010, I have so far lost 2 of my favorite footwear as a result of constant drenching in the rains.

Anyway, I cannot wait to be home as soon as possible so that I can remove my wet clothes and stay warm. The rain also fetches me a sound sleep in the night, but makes it difficult to wake up in the morning.

No comments: