Saturday, July 24, 2010

Working on Saturdays is Really an Herculean Task

Majority of the companies have weekend holidays on all Saturdays and Sundays. Actually working in the office from Monday to Friday makes one really tired. So the weekend offs comes as a great blessing so that they can shed off their tiredness, forget their job tension and have a comfortable time with family or friends. Those who have enjoyed the weekend holidays for a long time cannot even think of working on Saturdays.

Unfortunately I am not having Saturdays and Sundays off on all the weeks. I have to work on alternate Saturdays and as a results I have to work on Saturdays when employees of other firms enjoy their weekends. This is really a miserable situation, but needs to go ahead. The moment we get into our office premises on Saturdays, it reminds me of an holiday as there would not be the regular gathering of employees in the premises and everything seems to be too calm and quiet.

The only off day we get in such instance is the Sunday, which is packed with a load of works and other things. I get too much engaged on Sundays and in the morning I go to the Church and would be back by around 11 AM. After that I would be having a light breakfast, then reads the newspapers, then have lunch, sit infront of the computed, takes a small nap and the day is over.

Again the thought of going to the office next day comes into my mind and feels that the single day off was not sufficient to get myself refreshed and recharged from the hectic work schedule. In my previous companies I didn't face such situation as we had office closed for all the Saturday and Sundays.

No comments: